Hi Matthew,
Thank you for taking the time to respond.
Unfortunately, I'm finding that rather than making things clearer, it's
making things more confusing. (More below)

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 2:07 PM, Matthew Fatheree <
matthew.fathe...@belkin.com> wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>   Once that process is complete users will be able to build a firmware
> that can be directly flashed onto the WRT1900AC.  Until that time, the
> code changes have been posted to the mailing list, and users are able to
> access those, and create a firmware image while the approval process
> completes.
>
> As already pointed out by Felix, your patches do not contain the necessary
wireless driver, so OpenWRT users are not actually able to create a working
firmware for the WRT1900AC with those patches. So your statement that
"users are able to access those [patches], and create a firmware image
while the approval process completes." isn't true, because said firmware
image wouldn't actually work.

  I am sorry for any confusion, and we hope to have our code changes
> accepted soon.

You're implying that acceptance of the patches by OpenWRT is the thing
preventing a working OpenWRT image, but that is not the case, since you
haven't provided a wireless driver.

So to be clear, I'm hoping for some acknowledgement of the work that still
needs to be done on your part.
For example "We realize that the OpenWRT readiness that we've been claiming
in our marketing materials isn't quite ready yet and Linksys/Belkin still
has work to do to make it happen. Right now we're still missing a necessary
wireless driver, but expect to have it ready by <some general estimate>"...

The lack of this kind of acknowledgement in your response along with your
statement that you're waiting on patch acceptance from OpenWRT makes me
think you folks don't even realize that there's still work to be done,
which is why I feel even more confused than before...