On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 12:06:41PM +0200, Tobias Ritschel wrote:
> Just for the record, I found out that Eigen features a number of iterative
> solvers though only CG and BiCGSTAB are supported. The others may be found
> here <http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/dox/unsupported/namespaceEigen.html>,
> together with much other functionality.

My personal (probably biased) opinion is: Do not use it (at least not
its sparse iterative solvers) for the following reasons:

- It is lacking powerful preconditioners (Multigrid, Domain
  Decomposition Methods). Which will make it hard to
  use for real world problems.
- While it might be very efficient, sparse linear algebra is somewhat
  under represented/supported.
- It is not parallel (despite small parts using OpenMP), see
  http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/dox/TopicMultiThreading.html.
- Judging from the projects using it, it is not used by many projects
  doing sparse linear algebra.

Like I said I am biased as a DUNE developer (parallel iterative
solvers). But if you do not want to use DUNE, then I would rather
recommend PETSc, Trilinos or you will find others that might be more
suitable from Jack Dongarra's list
http://www.netlib.org/utk/people/JackDongarra/la-sw.html

Markus

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany,  USt-Id: DE279960836
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858