From: David McBride
Date: 2018-08-25 01:47
To: TSC OPNFV; TECH-DISCUSS OPNFV
CC: tim.irn...@ericsson.com; Heather Kirksey
Subject: [opnfv-tsc] [announce][election] Opening nominations for OPNFV
Technical Steering Committee (TSC)
Team,

Today, we begin nominations for a new TSC, consisting of 15 members, in
accordance with the Community Election Procedures.  Individuals who are
eligible to both vote and run for a TSC position are those with 20 or more
contributions on this list of active contributors.  Before nominating someone,
please consult the list and verify that the individual has 20 or more
contributions.  You may find a schedule of election activities here.

PTL Input to the Active Contributor List
Note that the election procedures have a provision for adding and individual to
the active contributor list, who has less than 20 contributions, yet who has
make significant contributions to the OPNFV community.  Per the election
procedure:

PTLs have an input on the "active contributor list" compiled over a 2-week
review period (with a view that this step primarily targets at making sure
qualified people that haven't been identified via the metric get added to the
list)

I am working with the TSC to define a specific process for this situation.  In
the mean time, if you are a PTL, and you would like to add someone to the
active contributor list, please contact me directly with the name and a brief
statement about why they should be included on the list.  Note that this action
simply adds them to the active contributor list, they still must be nominated,
separately.  Also, note that the 2-week review period for the active
contributor list, cited in the election procedure, ends on Aug 31.

Nomination procedure
You may nominate yourself, or someone else.
Remember that both you and the person nominated must be on the active
contributor list with 20 or more contributions.
If you nominate someone else, I will confirm with that person that they accept
the nomination.
Announce the nomination with a "reply all" to this email prior to 5 p.m. (PT),
Sept 7.
Please include the following information:
Name of the nominee
The nominee's organization
A brief statement about the nominees qualifications and contributions to the
OPNFV community.
Nominations close at 5 p.m. (PT) on Sept 7.  See the entire election schedule
here.
As nominees are accepted, I will post the nominee information on this page.

Thank you for your participation in this important activity for the OPNFV
community.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

David

--
David McBride
Release Manager, OPNFV