:)
I'm sure they love contribution as much as we do ;)

I haven't used any shiro feature at all, did you ask on the karaf
mailinglist.
Maybe you'll find some more shiro users there.

still, if it itches you scratch it and provide a pull request for shiro :D

regards, Achim

> > did you consider point 4?
> > open jira issue for an dependency upgrade and provide a PR / Fix yourself
> > in the Pax-Shiro project to actually use the latest and greatest version
> of
> > pax-web ;)
>
> Ah, but it wasn't the Pax-Shiro feature I tried to install, because I
> couldn't find one.  I tried to install the feature made by the shiro
> project itself.
>
> I only posted here in the hope of encountering some of the pax-shiro
> people who could tell me "use this feature from pax-shiro instead", or
> something like that...:-)
>
> As for making the shiro people upgrade their feature file, there is this
> Jira issue that hasn't been touched since March 2016:
>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHIRO-560

Apache Member
Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>