What I found odd about the Camel comment that Claus made is that Guillaume
just put in the CDI annotations for service export and reference last year.
Initially he did it with Blueprint but swapped it out with DS. I prefer
working with CDI as there is a lot of testing I can do in Camel that uses
the CDI wiring mechanisms but I don't have to use CBTS or PAX Exam. The
internal wiring provided by CDI is a big relief. But the last time I used
it I couldn't get it working just right. I think that was RC1. The CDI
annotation mechanism means the paradigm is the same for both internal wire
up and for external services. Right now working with DS and Blueprint and
Camel feels like a kludge of items bolted on as an afterthought.

It would be great to have some trustworthy annotations that were usable
with Camel inside of Karaf/Felix. There are some Camel annotations that I
trust, some I'm not sure about, and others I know are simply broken.

One other benefit is that it might make J2EE developers a little more
inclined to give OSGi/Karaf a shot if that familiar paradigm is available.