It will be a little tricky to send my whole project in , let me see what I
can do , however I have reviewed the test cases in the link provided and it
looks like you are not covering my case ...

I do not see a test where  ...

Register the default handler ->   HttpContext defaultContext = wc.
createDefaultHttpContext(); , not sure if this also creates a
ServletContextHelper
wrapper as well

Then create a servlet that attaches to it , but do not call the servlet ,
just check it is added

Register the default override with a high service ranking .

See if this happens
org.ops4j.pax.web.service.spi.servlet.OsgiServletContext - Unegistering
OsgiServletContext{model=OsgiContextModel{WB,id=OCM-1,name='default',path='/'
org.ops4j.pax.web.service.spi.servlet.OsgiServletContext - Registering
OsgiServletContext{model=OsgiContextModel{WB,id=OCM-2,name='default',path='/',

And then see if the servlet is in the new context ...

The override testcases seem to all create the override first before the
first servlet is registered OR you are changing the path in the default
context ...

Dave