I wouldn't look for it anytime soon. I recently spoke to the
OID product manager about this issue, and he not only held
out no hope for this, he asserted that the "correct"
approach was to use meta-directory technology to sync OID
with iPlanet.

He also told me that the LDAP standards are a bit loose, and
that each LDAP directory vendor tends to go their own way a
bit, and that consequently, interoperability is not easy to
achieve.

Related to this, I seem to recall reading something the
other day that led me to believe that iPlanet is somewhat in
competition with Oracle's app server product. Does anyone
know if this is true?

Best regards,

Jonathan Gennick
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] * 906.387.1698