Sent:   Tuesday, March 26, 2002 2:29 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject:        RE: Oracle Wants Users to Hand over Apps Management

Oracle has been saying for years that you wil no longer need DBAs. I
suppose it's possible, although the database gets more and more
complicated each release, as more and more new features that can shoot
themselves in the foot are added.

On the other hand, SOMEONE will need those DBAs. Oracle? And isn't this
just a little bit like that monopoly that Larry was so insistent on
toppling?

--- Mark Leith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What got me was another quote by Jeff Henley:
>
> "This is really the way most customers are going to want to have
> their
> software delivered over time. The bulk of our customers are going to
> operate
> this way in the not-too-distant future," Henley said. "We offer much
> faster
> implementation, much lower cost and much better service."
>
> Another line that says "all DBAs will be redundant in the
> not-too-distant
> future"! Are they saying that Oracle support offers a much better
> service
> and response time than a well trained DBA can? Fair enough with bug
> checking
> and alike, but how long does it take for a lot of you to get iTARS
> answered
> etc.?

Yahoo! Movies - coverage of the 74th Academy Awards(r)
http://movies.yahoo.com/
Author: Rachel Carmichael

Author: Boivin, Patrice J