-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 5:42 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

> As jared says keep querying the session_Wait u will defnetly bound to
catch
> the guy who might be causing the database to kneel down.

If the database is hung, the waits will likely show up immediately.  I've
had
similar problems with waits on a latch that hung the database.  If a
session
is hung, the waits should be there the first time you query.

It may also be that you can't even query the v$ views, in which case you
must resort to the state dumps.

Jared

Arun Chakrapani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]