This threads getting to be a lengthy one, and I might as well add my two
cents to it. I too come from the same school of thought. That you are OCP
certified holds no water with me. OK. So you are OCP Certified.That dont
impress me much.

One of my first questions, when I am asked to conduct an interview, is ask
them to name some of the Oracle Gurus they have read about, to name some
helpful Oracle sites, or some great white papers. The answers, almost
always, tend to reflect the level of expertise. Jonathan Lewis, Steve
Adams, Cary Millsap, Craig Shallahamer, Anjo Kolk, Tom Kyte, Kevin Loney,
Rama Velupuri, Racheal Carmicheal, ..................

Sadly, my point of view differs from that of most recruiters. I know of an
OCP who, when told that the developers were running out of temporary
tablespace, put in a request with the SA to increase the disk space for
/tmp. I also know of a HR personnel who rejected my resume coz I had no 8i
experience. Sadly, my resume said 8.1.6, 8.1.7.

Raj
Not an OCP Certified DBA

"Whatever little I know, I owe it to my ignorance".

                    Julia Phu

                    <julia_phu@rocke        To:     Multiple recipients of list
ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    tmail.com>              cc:

                    Sent by:                Subject:     Re: the ora certified masters
cert, yet again
                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    June 26, 2002

                    05:22 PM

                    Please respond

                    to ORACLE-L

Sorry, I can't help being quiet.

I've no respect for the OCP. I saw MANY people bought
the exams from many sources. These people memorize the
questions and answers prior the test day. Voila, they
pass the tests and still don't understand how to
install and configure the database.

I learned it on my job and am still learning. I took
the 8i exam program and was EXTREMELY disappointed. I
learned nothing.