-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 12:42 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Can anyone explain why it is that I seem unable to use 'like' and 'not like'

on columns containing null values. (I am unable to find information
regarding this on MetaLink.)

For example:

SQL> select * from tester2;

COL1 COL2 WHATEVER
1    1    STUFF
2    2    STUFF
3    3
4    4

SQL> select * from tester2 where whatever not like '%STU%';
no rows selected

My question is why does this not return the 3 & 4 columns?

Author: Gary Jackson

Author: Khedr, Waleed