We've been using MySQL extensively for three years now and haven't seen
any of this kind of behavior. In fact, MySQL AB has been very enjoyable
to work with and we've been able to bend their ear to put features into
MySQL that we'd like to have. And, as Tim Bunce says, we've found their
support to be excellent.

We pay a certain amount for licensing fees and support, but it's
miniscule compared to the Oracle licenses we have to pay for.

--Walt (an Oracle bigot, but pretty impressed with MySQL) Weaver
  Bozeman, Montana

Can

Author: Weaver, Walt