OCM is about marketing. consulting companies will use that to sell their consultants.
Ive noticed that alot of employers and co-workers are more likely to listen to someone
who is certified than someone who isnt. Its one of the reasons, Im getting mine. Makes
it easier to get people to do what I want.

I had an interview once and before I talked to the DBA, I talked to HR. I asked the HR
person how experience the DBA was and such and he responded in an irreverent tone that
the DBA is an 'Oracle Certified Professional'. Almost in awe...

Awe is useful when your in a hurry and need people to do what you want. Its not your
fault other people hold it in such high value. I have no control over them.

Author: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]