From: Emily Rush via Organizers <organizers@lists.sharedweight.net>
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2022 11:37 AM
To: Seth Seeger <s...@tofutavern.com>
Cc: organizers@lists.sharedweight.net <organizers@lists.sharedweight.net>
Subject: [External] [Organizers] Re: Electronic admission payments

Hi all,
Ours is very similar to Seth's. The local First Saturday Contra in Carrboro
that I run takes:

  *   Payments through the website (WooCommerce)
  *   Venmo
  *   PayPal
  *   CashApp
  *   Checks (to me)
  *   Cash

I post a QR code for the website at the door, and am stealing the idea to have
codes for Venmo and PayPal and CashApp.

We also do the sliding scale, $10-20, and have a "pay it forward" option where
people can buy a ticket for someone in the community, so anyone can accept one
of those tickets and dance free.

I ask the talent how they want to be paid, it's about half and half for cash
vs. digital payments.

Emily

On Mon, Aug 29, 2022 at 11:23 AM Seth Seeger via Organizers
<organizers@lists.sharedweight.net<mailto:organizers@lists.sharedweight.net>>
wrote:
This is a fine topic for this list.  Please use reply-all as we usually do.
(For anyone not interested, please just delete the emails, or use your mail
client to mute the topic or filter the messages directly to trash.)

Seth (moderator)