In my group our old group had been shut down since 2020 partially because
the leadership couldn't agree about covid mitigation policies. In spring of
2022 myself and one of the other people in the group decided to reopen it
without any covid policy, just allowing people to do what they felt was
best as far as masks, vaccines, tests etc. This approach won't please
everyone because some people won't go unless everyone's vaccinated but we
have had a pretty good turnout every dance that we've had. We've danced
once a month March through June, then took a break and came back in
September and will be dancing through December. I've made an effort to
avoid spelling out a covid policy in our Facebook group, because I've been
afraid that bring it up will get people fighting arguing and debating
endlessly about the severity of covid and what should be done about it. I
never saw anyone else take this approach, I don't know if it's a good
approach, but this is what I do. I've even gone so far as to delete
comments where people ask about our covid policy just to keep it off of
people's minds. But I do always answer those people through Messenger
privately.

I'm not aware of anyone who's got covid from my dances, but I don't do
contact tracing so I don't know. I used to always bring masks l, not K95
masks, but since no one ever took one anyone wearing a mask always brought
their own I threw them out and stopped bringing them.

The way I see it is if you think the covid is a serious enough risk to need
multiple vaccines and a heavy duty mask then maybe you shouldn't be dancing
at all. But if your viewpoint is that covid is just something we're going
to have to live with and that the disease has a 98% survival rate, then I
don't see what the big deal is just use common sense and and don't allow
sick people to come who are obviously sick. I've never had anyone obviously
sick, but if someone did come I would just tell them they I couldn't come
in.

At this point let's admit so much of the mask wearing is just virtue
signaling. I've had people tell me they've been exposed to covid and they
come wearing a mask by the end of the night they're not wearing it anymore.
I've had people come and not wear a mask at my dance, but then they
organize a dance in their town and they enforce 95 masks for everybody,
including themselves.

The way I see it is people's vaccine status is none of my business the
issue is so much more complicated than "have you had a vaccine". No one's
talking about legitimate valid reasons for people to not get vaccinated.
And I personally don't trust rapid covid tests, because I've been pretty
darn sure I've had covid but I've never ever tested positive for covid
since I started testing.

My policies, or non policy, seems to please a lot of people and has been
successful so far.