Hi everyone,

I'd like people to consider a few things when discussing covid...

* People are asking what others are doing.  Not asking for advice on what they
should be doing.  Please don't offer unsolicited advice.  I think it is useful
to hear what is happening at other dances.  But if there is going to be
negative/critical feedback, people will not share.

* This is email.  No one is going to change someone else's mind.  If you don't
agree with the guidelines that a dance is using, don't go to it.  Please don't
attack or criticize the poster.  Often, the poster is only one person of a
committee making the decisions.  Don't shoot the messenger.

* Please watch the tone of your email, or how others might perceive the tone of
your email.  It might feel rude or critical, even if you didn't intend it.
Responders - instead of jumping on someone publicly, please write to them
privately, saying "that felt rude.  Did you intend it that way?"  Maybe they
will apologize.

* We are all doing our best here.  We are all coming from different geographic
areas which each have their own particular local culture, especially regarding
masking.  Please be kind to each other if someone else's guidelines don't agree
with yours.

Bottom line:  This list is NOT a place to discuss the effectiveness of masks,
vaccines, etc.  This is a thread asking what other people are doing.  No one
has asked if others think their policy is good.

Thank you,
Seth