I think a policy is great, but I'd also suggest having a behavior/ safety/
dance environment committee.

 This group would be briefed on previous issues, and our current
progressive coaching/ warning system, and be first points of contact if a
new dancer (for example) wishes to report something that made them
uncomfortable.  They also would be focussed on monitoring our dance,
maybe asking people's opinions, and making improvements, (like our good
etiquette  posters.)    Back in 2017 we had about 5 pent up behavior issues
that needed dealing with (people would avoid people's lines, etc.) and we
finally got caught up.

One best practice is to COACH and discuss any uncomfortable / unsafe
behavior.   Things like suspension and expulsion come with
repeat infractions for people that don't respond to coaching.  For
example,  we don't want highly enthusiastic male dancers twirling 1st time
dancers like crazy (I have seen this recently)   without asking clear
permission/ possibly giving them a tiny demo at the end of the line, etc.
 For example, Sri says he would never twirl a dancer he hasn't talked to
about it.

We had to expel one dancer who refused to get consent before doing his wild
moves.    We had caused injury and discomfort.   We talked a few times and
he said he would not change.

The committee could also make a short list of "Great dancing tips" that
callers can reinforce- like one per night.