Can anyone confirm this behavior... I'm not sure if it's a bug or if I'm
just doing something wrong...

I noticed yesterday that when I fire up the server.sh application, the
default behavior is to listen on an outward facing port on my machine...

2016-09-22 16:08:35:815 INFO  OrientDB Studio available at http://<MY
ACTUAL IP ADDRESS>:2480/studio/index.html [OServer]

Since our cybersecurity department at my organization frowns upon firing up
servers that listen to outward facing ports, I modified the <listeners>
section in config/orientdb-server-config.xml file

        <listeners>
            <listener protocol="binary" socket="default"
port-range="2424-2430" ip-address="*0.0.0.0*"/>
            <listener protocol="http" socket="default"
port-range="2480-2490" ip-address="*0.0.0.0*">

so that the ip-address field is "127.0.0.1".

I can connect Studio to the database using 127.0.0.1:2480 or localhost:2480
and everything works fine.  I verified that http://my-machine-name:2480/
will correctly fail too.  I hit a problem though when I try to use the
console application.

I get the following behaviour in console.sh:

*$* *console.sh*

OrientDB console v.2.2.10 (build
2.2.x@rc32d4ee06d4c38e27eb66931d027eb54854872ff; 2016-09-15 08:47:27+0000)
www.orientdb.com
Type 'help' to display all the supported commands.
Installing extensions for GREMLIN language v.2.6.0

*orientdb>* connect REMOTE:localhost/myDatabase admin admin

Connecting to database [REMOTE:localhost/myDatabase] with user 'admin'...
Error: com.orientechnologies.orient.core.exception.OStorageException:
Cannot create a connection to remote server address(es): [<SYSTEM IP
ADDRESS>:2424]
DB name="myDatabase"

Based on what I can see in the documentation
<http://orientdb.com/docs/last/Console-Command-Connect.html> I would think
that this should work.  I've tried using REMOTE:localhost/myDatabase and
REMOTE:127.0.0.1/myDatabase but the result is the same... OrientDB appears
to completely ignore my instructions and runs with its default and tries to
connect to my machine's real IP address.

Is this a bug or is there something that I am missing?

-William