Hi Oleksandr,

Interesting, I think it is similar or related to that issue of 5703. When I
wrapped the whole string into `` characters it worked, or kind of worked.
Check this out:

orientdb {db=Tetraop}> update #25:0 remove
Updated record(s) '1' in 0.001000 sec(s).

orientdb {db=Tetraop}> select settings.leads.TempLead.overrideProperties
from #25:0

|#   |settings                            |

|0   |[PropertyOverride{customValues:[1]}]|

It appears as it removed the record, but when I did a select, the record is
still there. That's false positive

orientdb {db=Tetraop}> update #25:0 remove
`settings.leads.TempLead.overrideProperties` =
Updated record(s) '1' in 0.002000 sec(s).

orientdb {db=Tetraop}> select settings.leads.TempLead.overrideProperties
from #25:0                               +----+--------+

|#   |settings|

|0   |[]      |

Now it removed the record and the list is empty. This behavior raises 3

   1. Why do we need to use `` if this issues seemed to be fixed in the
   issue 5703
   2. Is the first way a legit way to remove list items? If so, why did it
   give false positive?
   3. What is the right and bullet proof way to remove embedded list items?

For your previous request, this is how I did the insert:

update #25:0 add settings.leads.TempLead.overrideProperties = {"@type":"d",
"@class":"PropertyOverride", "standardProperty":"utilityCompany",

Thanks for looking into this.

On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 9:21:25 AM UTC-7, Oleksandr Gubchenko