Den 14. okt. 2018 kl. 22.33 skrev Gerardo @neorigami.com

> 1. The site calls it "swallow paper airplane". Do you know the model by any
> other name? I want to look for other instructions for it and, if it does
> have a different name, it would be very helpful to know.
Similar name in Danish. A slight variation is called “svalehalefly”, swallow
tail airplane.
> 2. Is it a traditional model? If not, who created it?
It is traditional. I learned 2-3 variations from my father 50 years ago who
learned those as a child himself, and I have seen several variations shown by
elderly people when giving open workshops at fairs etc. here in Denmark, often
old men proudly showing that they also can do paper folding.

This includes both the nose, the cutting off the tail, the wing folding, the
tail cuts, and the tail insertion. As that is 5 parameters that each can be
varied more or less systematically, I cannot swear to having seen the exact
combination displayed in the link, but that does not make it non-traditional.

Two examples are from a 1944 origami book (which my father learned from as a
child). You can see them in a couple of pictures on my web page here:
http://papirfoldning.dk/historie/folderier_en.html
under the names of “glider” and “flying swallow”.

In a newer, Danish book, “Air planes” by Erik Rønholt 2012, models 15 - 21 are
called aerobatic planes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6, drone, classical gliders 1 and 2,
and wasp. A couple of these also occur in his 1990 book “Paper folding” under
the names air plane 2 and 3.

The book “Play with paper” by Thea Bank Jensen 1956 has another variation, just
called “air plane”: same nose, but tail cut off along the water bomb base, and
without the extra, horizontal folds, and without the tail cuts.

Paper folding books in other languages surely contains many of these and many
more variations. I see some in e.g. Nick Robinson’s books.

To me, all these are “use your imagination” variations of the same 2-3 basic
water bomb nose air planes, known for the last century.

Best regards,
      Hans