Hi Kirk,

i assume he confused (like me some time ago) the different jndi names for
the database connections. In a data-source you specify different locations,
which will be treated differently by the server. The "location" is a 'naked'
standard JDBC connection without pooling or anything. The "ejb-location"
provides server specific wrapper classes for the connections, which provide
such things as pooling, transaction handling for EJBs etc. I don't know the
specific purpose of the "xa-location" and when to use it. Anyway, from
within EJBs you should always use the "ejb-location".

Regards,

Jens Stutte

PS: Example of a data-source:
<data-source
        name="BaseDB"
        class="com.evermind.sql.ConnectionDataSource"
        location="jdbc/BaseDB"
        xa-location="jdbc/xa/BaseXADB"
        ejb-location="jdbc/BaseEJBDB"
        inactivity-timeout="60"

url="jdbc:informix-sqli://beatnix.net-media.de:1536/BaseDB:INFORMIXSERVER=on
_beatnix"
        connection-driver="com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver"
        username="informix"
        password="topsecret"
/>