In the EJBs of the Pet Store is coded a (or several) JNDI name(s) (don't
know which in this moment). This name must mach to the given name of an
"ejb-location" of orions data-source, not to the given name of "location".
If accidently this _name_ in the pet store is "location", you should set
ejb-location="jdbc/location". If by now the pet store used the "naked
location", you should observe significant performance gains. And - what's
more - only with the ejb-location transactions can be rolled back properly.

Jens