Hi Tom, I would like to know exactly the diference between
ejb-location and pooled-location.

        ...and other thing...but I thing that Orion team is the only one
who can answer me... How does ORion manage the connection pools???
I mean that Orion only let you set the max-number of connections but I
want to know how many connection does it create at the begining, the
number of connection that it creates when the initial ones a<re busy, if
these extra connections (out of initials) are destroyed after a certain
time whithout using them, an so on....

        This is very important because imagine that your application has a
lot of clients and inmediatly you start the server you gonna have 200
hundred clients.. in this situation it cuold be great tha the server
creates at least 250 connections at start. Now imagine that you have a hot
peak of affluence and you run out of connection (250 all busy) you will
need more but because the extension of your application, it would be a
great idea to create extra connections but in groups of 25, and destroy or
not destroy them in a timeout depends on your decision. All this with the
security that they will not be over a certain number of connections that
you set and could cause a fall in your database.

        Now imagine the opposite situaion, you have a small application
whith perhaps only two clients connected to the DB at the same time, it
would be a lose of resource if your server creates 100 connections at
start, the best could be to create only 2. And if this connections are
busy it would be awfull to create a extra group of 20 connections at the
same time because probably youwill only need one or two extra connections.

        Here you can see how you can take advantage of connection pooling.

        I'm sure that Orion manages the connection pools eficently but If
the problem was the connection pools and weblogic let you set all this
values, Have you thought that perhaps your configuration in weblogic is
not the best for your applicaction?????

Repect to the Orion team...It would be very interesting to know something
more about how Orion manages connection pooling.

THANKS ALL.

        David Sierra Fern ndez
        E.T.S.I. Telecomunicaci˘n
        Universidad de Valladolid    AULA CEDETEL
        Campus Miguel Delibes   E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        47011 Valladolid (SPAIN)

 -- Sierr@ --