Thank You Juan, Ray and Randy

I guess the initial question was a little vague but I like to hear people's
opinions. After the download and simple install I was able to add a Sybase
ASA database as a DataSource, connect to it via JSP and add a simple custom
taglib to the default-web-app which proves to me that this thing at least
works. My next tests include setting up my own web-app and playing around
with EJB and JMS if I get the time.  Overall it seems to be a good product.
I like how it picked up on the change I made to make the news.ear demo code
function automatically.

As I assume you know Allaire/JRun was purchased by Macromedia. Perhaps the
marriage with Dreamweaver/UltraDev will payoff.  I've never looked hard at
JRun since most of my customers typically will pay the big bucks for a
"brand-name" product like WebSphere, WebLogic or SilverStream but some want
to keep the cost of licenses very low at times.
I'm not sure about Resin at this time. It seems to ship with source code
which is cool but it seems to be C code, not Java.

I also teach Java and J2EE classes and we've been looking for an engine for
student machines that is fairly easy to install and configure. Tomcat works
for JSP but lacks the EJB, JNDI and JMS support needed.

SilverStream 3.7 has been certified for J2EE and it seems to be very solid.
I spent several days with about 20 other people putting it through some
exercises.
Weblogic is great but has to be restarted a lot to make some code changes
(5.1).
WebSphere doesn't seem to fully understand the proper directory structure of
a web-app and the use of WARs completely and it is VERY slow on my NT box to
startup and build/deploy simple JSPs.

Any need to restart Orion after a change to:
JSP
EJB
JMS queue or topic
Bean for a JSP