Am I curious? Sure!

/me types for a bit...

Oh good, I just found out all I need to know. Or want to know. Or have a
right to know.

That's a double-edged quip- I talk to Karl all the time, really. Even if I
didn't, the point's made - it doesn't matter if I know who Karl is in order
for me to use his product. (And we all know Karl wrote most of Orion at any
rate, he and Elin.)

To address a more relevant point - you can certainly find times on OI when
the authors really do answer questions, usually correctly. However, they
have more important things to do - OI is a user forum, just like
orionsupport.com is. It's not their job to keep OI in line. (Unless we want
to subsidize them. Do you?)