'access' to the dev team?  You mean that if you think its a bug then you
should be able to get on the phone with developers as if they were tech
support people?   Whats wrong with Bugzilla and a quick development team?

-----Original Message-----
From: elephantwalker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2001 9:35 AM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: RE: productive comment.

Great point. However, we can help expand on the functionality at
orionsupport. But then there's that *paid* support issue. Companies need a
place to go so they can *pay* for support when the chips are down, and the
alligators are crawling around nipping at their tender parts.

The great thing about mysql or borland's open source product is that when
the chips are down, you can get *paid* support from thousands of independent
consultants. The key bit that will help orion is support that is there for
the asking...all you have to do is pay for it. If Joe Ottinger is reading
this email, lets add this bit to your site.

If you need a consultant to belly up to the bar, and help out, contact the
elephantwalker.

For the orion team at ironflare, I am willing to pay a *franchising* fee for
every support call, email or site visit answered, as long as we get access
to the dev team for *bugs*.

Regards,

the Elephantwalker