OK, there's a couple of different ways of doing this, dependent on which
program flow you wish to implement. A fairly generic way is something like
this (DHTML of course, doesn't have anything to do with the server-side of
things):

<!- index.htm   FRAMESET                -->

<head>
        <title>FrameNav</title>
        <script type="text/javascript">
        var mFrame = "main.htm";
        var redirectFrame = location.search.substr(1).split("=");
        if (redirectFrame[1]) {
                mFrame = redirectFrame[1];
        }

        document.write('<frameset rows="200, *" frameborder="1" ><frame name="top"
src="top.htm" /><frame name="main" src=' + mFrame + ' /></frameset>');
        </script>
</head>

<!-end of index.htm     -->

<!-foo.htm The file to be redirected            -->

<head>
        <title>foo.htm</title>
</head>

This is foo!<br/><br/>

<script type="text/javascript">

        if (top == self) {
                window.location.replace("index.htm?url=" + location.pathname);
        }
</script>

<!-end of foo.htm       -->

I assume this does what you were looking for (by the way, this may require
IE5.5 and NS6.0; to make it more generic you need to implement the split()
function yourself)

        --Peter