While I agree they probably focus on the product, they also have an
obligation to support those actually paying to use their product. What I
would suggest is they set up a way to hand out license info such as an ID or
something, and set up an email form that includes the license ID, etc. Then,
respond specifically to those that buy licenses for Orion. This would at
least eliminate their need to try to read and reply to all emails, but
instead only focus on emails from those that have actual licensed IDs. Using
a database, they can even weed out those emails that someone tries sending
with a fake id, or invalid id, name and password (after all..you know people
would try to get a response from them by doing this). Support for free use
of the product I have no problem seeing none of. Support of those that are
paying money and using a product in production, that is a different story.
The deal with Oracle may have made the team some money, but there are still
users paying money to use it as well and they deserve support too.

I love Orion...its a fantastic product at a rock bottom price with almost
all the features I'd want (although I have to say I am really looking
forward to complete EJB 2.0, Servlet 2.3 and JSP 1.2 support). But I have to
admit JBoss with its much larger support and more features and nicer looking
architecture is looking more promising as an EJB server. Orion is still tops
on the servlet/jsp setup, load balancing and performance.