Hi,

I'm certain everyone has figured out a good way to configure
a multi-web module application??  I'm guessing that any large
app will want to be broken up in smaller units??  I can't get
my best guess to work.

I can't get my 2nd through Nth web module to have requests directed
to the registered servlet for that URL in that module's web.xml...

I have an exploaded deployment tree and one application.xml.

<application>
  <module>
    <ejb>ejb</ejb>
  </module>
  <module>
    <ejb>../otf/ejb</ejb>
  </module>

  <module>^
    <web><web-uri>webtest</web-uri></web>
  </module>
  <module>^M
    <web><web-uri>../otf/web</web-uri></web>^M
  </module>
</application>

In each of webtest and ../otf/web I have WEB-INF/web.xml and
declare different <servlet-mapping> as in:

    <url-pattern>/common/*</url-pattern>

    <url-pattern>/otf/*</url-pattern>

In orion's server.xml and default-web-site.xml I have:

server.xml: <application name="JSCRIBE-COMMON"
path="D:\JScribe\deploy\test"/>
   this points to the above application.xml

default-web-sites.xml:

        <web-app application="JSCRIBE-COMMON"   name="webtest"
root="/jscribe-common" shared="true" />
        <web-app application="JSCRIBE-COMMON"   name="../otf/web"
root="/jscribe-otf" shared="true" />

So in theory when I hit URL:  http://myhost/jscribe-otf/otf/myURL  this
request should be directed
to the servlet registered in ../otf/web

I see that servlet's .init() method called but never doGet/doPost  on a URL
like the
above.

Any thoughts on fixing my DD's or examples of your prefered approach?

Thanks!

curt

Curt Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]