An interesting requirement of J2EE is that external clients
need to run in current working directory where there's
a subdirectory and file of: META-INF/application-client.xml

This file has familiar syntax of declaring the beans you'll
bind to, resources and env vars.  You'll need to declare your
resource there.

good luck,

curt