There are many reasons to move to Orion from Weblogic:
- Free developer license:
You can have several developers in a project have their own installation
of the server to do testing before committing their changes.
- The price difference:
With Orion you get a lot more functionality for the dollar.
- The user community
My experience is that answers on Orion-Interest are very often more to
the point than the answers you would read on the different Weblogic
newsgroups. This might have changed since I last was using weblogic
about a year ago.

There are probably good reasons going the other way as well depending on
the specific requirements. Please list your reasons as this could
enlighten the discussion. Your comment makes it look like this was an
obvious decision and that would really surprise me. What other servers
did you evaluate?

I was part of a move from Weblogic 5.1 to Orion about 9 months ago. I
think that we actually got in just after 1.3.8. That decision was based
mainly on financial reasons since I was working at a startup having
trouble to raise the amount of money needed to deploy clustered
solutions using the more expensive alternatives. At that time our
biggest problem were bugs in JMS and MDBs but those problems have gone
away now as far as I know. Anyway I would really recommend anyone using
older versions to move to 1.5.2