-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

nOn Sat, 23 Mar 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> hi,
>
> At about $800.00 AUD (roughly=$395.00 USD)  I'd forget all
> about idea ... what about some ide's with sensible prices? I
> realised JBuilder was a waste of time after using it for
> years, and waking up to the fact that I only used it to
> package classes anyway.

i have tried jbuilder but there are some problems with jbuilder
which i cannot ignore. jbuilder is still slow and has some bugs.
e.g. it was not possible to use different JDKs aso. really
bugging. and jbuilder is not so cheap. professional costs also
1000$.

netbeans is nice but really slow - boring to work on my AMD 1.6k
with 152megs. but nice features and autoupdate via internet. and
its free. another disadvantage: you need a big monitor to use the
whole functionallity. there are so many (usefull?) windows :)

> I bet people who are recommending idea are using other
> people's money to buy idea licenses?

yep, companies money :) but we are using weblogic and so the
license costs for idea are really small :)

> What about Simplicity?

downloaded it, tried it, removed it, and deleting spam mail every
2-3 weeks.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.4 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: pgpenvelope 2.10.2 - http://pgpenvelope.sourceforge.net/

iD8DBQE8nGa6rMda10jkyDYRAi1gAKCBOkGXxg7lgrU5eyAlYwmEmt0nMgCfWkuG
i+Sx9a1U/ho6SHH8QI97C/I=
=rUkI
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


Reply via email to