I have been following this discussion with much interest since I recently
set out to re-evaluate Java IDEs - particularly for J2EE.  Based on the
recent JDJ poll located here:

http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2002/liveupdate.cfm?cat=J2EE

it would seem that a lot of folks like JBuilder.  But this may just be a
marketshare estimate and it looks like a lot of folks on this list like
IDEA.

We've been using JBuilder 4 Enterprise with mixed feelings and are looking
at upgrading to JBuilder 6.  Can any of the IDEA proponents out there
summarize the major advantages of IDEA over JBuilder 6 (say professional
edition since the upgrade is a comparable price)?

Thanks in advance,

Marc




-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Clay Mitchell
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 11:37 PM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: RE: Java IDE?


Hmm I'm loving idea, but it costs $ - I wonder what happens when the
trial expires... Nag or just doesn't work?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Gottfried
Szing
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 6:55 PM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: Re: Java IDE?


On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Clay Mitchell wrote:

> Just a question, any suggestions as to what a good IDE is? I've tried
> JBuilder, IDEA (I like IDEA) and a few others... any recommendations?

i like idea. since i have seen idea i was a loyal user of vim and ant.
now i use idea in combination with ant, junits, and orion.







Reply via email to