Greg,

>  As for the Kittim of 1QM and 4QpIsaA, etc., contrary
>  to common thinking I don't think those are Seleucids; I
>  think those are Romans too; I think all Kittim in the
>  late-end Qumran text compositions (yachad texts) are
>  Romans. There is a question that must be answered
>  concerning why one cluster of texts has the Kittim defeated by
>  the Prince of the Congregation/Davidic Branch, whereas
>  another cluster (pHab, pNah) has the Kittim as invincible
>  conqueror...

    It is important to note that of all the pesherim, only 4QpIsa(a) has
affinities with the Serekh literature (by which I mean 1QS, 1QSa, 1QSb, and
1QM).  It refers to the Prince of the Congregation as well as the return of
the exiled sons of light from the wilderness of the nations.  1QM and
4QpIsa(a) share the same thought-world, and both use of the term Kittim to
refer to the Greeks.  See my article "Historical Allusions in the War Scroll"
on the Kittim as Greeks; there is also an excellent article on the Orion web
site on the use of Kittim to refer to Greeks in 1QM / 4QpIsa(a) and Romans in
1QpHab / 4QpNah.

>  To Russ Gmirkin: Dupont-Sommer's arguments
>  are not anachronistic but quite consistent within his own
>  framework, for he does not date the composition of CD
>  to 63 but later.

    I stand corrected again!

    Best regards,
    Russell Gmirkin
For private reply, e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]