Dear Geoff,
I detect some confusion in your letter. The Schiffmann lecture series is a
Ben Gurion University event (not my own department, unfortunately). It is
not an Orion event. Orion has provided
a service by announcing it to a wider audience, and this, I assume, is
what they will continue to do.
Victor

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002, Geoff Hudson wrote:

> I would really love to hear Lawrence Schiffman but time and distance does
> not permit.  In this electronic age there is the capability to  compensate
> for the impossibility of being in two places at the same time.
>
> I think that the Orion site will be missed by a number of people who have
> used it more than me.  Perhaps the owners would reconsider their decision.
> At a difficult time politically for Israel, it is surely important to
> maintain links however small with the outside world.  Issues of "flaming"
> are secondary, and have not been a big problem here.  Does the ANE have too
> wide a scope?  There is plenty remaining that could be discussed, for
> example the Scrolls version of the OT.
>
> Geoff Hudson

For private reply, e-mail to avigdor horovitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>