In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Chan
>The ORO packages work well for ASCII Character set
>But my doubt does it work for UTF-8 also !!

As someone else mentioned, UTF-8 is a method of encoding Unicode as a
series of bytes, so the question doesn't make a lot of sense given
that Java characters are always a 16-bit representation of Unicode.  I
assume you mean "Do the ORO packages work with Java character values
greater than 255?"  The answer is yes for everything except for the
.awk package, which only works with character values 0-255.

daniel