Hello Patrick,

On Mar 18, 2010, at 14:00 , Patrick Ohly wrote:

> On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 14:40 +0000, Lukas Zeller wrote:
>> Most probably, there should be an extra check for that "too late"
>> suspend.
>
> Your patch in the "luz" branch works, thanks a lot.

Thanks for the feedback. After pushing I suddenly had the impression it could
still be wrong for another case, I have to follow that thought first to make
sure. So that's why I did not announce the patch out loud...

> Now I just have the inverse problem: the tests pass even if the suspend
> requests were ignored entirely. Manually checking the next log shows
> that we did resume and we get the progress event which tells us that the
> session was resumed.
>
> But it would be nice if this could be checked already before running
> that next sync. Is there a possibility to retrieve the "datastore is
> suspended" information from a binfile-based client? Is it possible in a
> server?

In both cases, it's the resumeAlertCode target field. If it is not zero, the
datastore is resumable - i.e. a client will try to resume and a server will
accept a resume.
In binfile based setups, you can use the
/profiles/xx/targets/<dbid>/resumeAlertCode settings key to access that value.

Best Regards,

Lukas Zeller (l...@synthesis.ch)
-
Synthesis AG, SyncML Solutions  & Sustainable Software Concepts
i...@synthesis.ch, http://www.synthesis.ch