On Mar 18, 2010, at 16:55 , Patrick Ohly wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-03-18 at 15:36 +0000, Lukas Zeller wrote:
> [server admin data]
>
> So the format is part of the API? I guess it has to be even though it is
> not documented (or is it?), because changes to it would break server
> software upgrades.

Probably the plugin API variant is not explicitly documented, probably because
it is possible (and fully functional) to look at the admin data text format as
an opaque string, and just save/retrieve it as-is, without bothering what's in
the fields.

However, on the SQL/ODBC level, it was always documented in the config
reference in "12.20.2 <synctargetgetsql>, <synctargetnewsql>,
<synctargetupdatesql>, <synctargetdeletesql>: Sync target management". That's
only semi-useful for plugins, as in the SQL case there are no field names. But
it describes the semantics.

Lukas Zeller (l...@synthesis.ch)
-
Synthesis AG, SyncML Solutions  & Sustainable Software Concepts
i...@synthesis.ch, http://www.synthesis.ch