On Tue, 2014-04-29 at 23:22 +0530, Sachin Gupta wrote:
> one more thing. everytime i invoke syncevolution, it has to load all
> the xmls, build up its data structures, and all the other stuff.
> Can i implement threads in it and run it as a daemon. This will i can
> save time from doing all this.
>
> From within, can i then implement threads and launch multiple sync operations?

Multithreading is not going to work. You should be able to run a sync
repeatedly in the same process, but reusing the XML loading will require
putting the loop fairly deeply into the SyncEvolution stack (see
SyncContext.cpp).

I'm still not sure why you want to do this when you can simply use more
client machines. It might safe you some time for setting up a cluster if
(and only if!) you can manage to run all clients from the same machine,
but I have my doubts whether that will be possible.

--
Best Regards

Patrick Ohly
Senior Software Engineer

Intel GmbH
Open Source Technology Center
Usenerstr. 5a                           Phone: +49-228-2493652
53129 Bonn
Germany