Hi Torben,

I applied your modified CMakeLists.txt, but didn't need to with the
FindNVTT.cmake as it was identical to the one OSG master already.
Then I did a build and get the error:

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but
they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the
CMake files:
NVBC6H_LIBRARY
    linked by target "osgdb_nvtt" in directory
/home/robert/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/nvtt
NVBC7_LIBRARY
    linked by target "osgdb_nvtt" in directory
/home/robert/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/nvtt
NVSQUISH_LIBRARY
    linked by target "osgdb_nvtt" in directory
/home/robert/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/nvtt
NVTHREAD_LIBRARY
    linked by target "osgdb_nvtt" in directory
/home/robert/OpenSceneGraph/src/osgPlugins/nvtt

Reverting the src/osgPlugins/nvtt/CMakeLists.txt fixes the build.

My dev system is Kubuntu 16.04.  The NVTT_LIBRARY is found just fine,
the plugin builds OK, but NVSQUISH* and NVTHREAD* are all *-NOTFOUND.

The /usr/include/nvtt.h file has #define NVTT_VERSION 200 in it.

Your changes clearly aren't safe to merge as is.  What specific
problem were you trying to fix?

Robert.