> Another problem they all
> have is limited support for dotNet.

I always thought it was ".NET has limited support for standard C/C++"... :-)

> With respect to OSG specifically I would say the Quick Start
> guide is good as far as it goes.  There is much it does not
> cover however.  The Reference Manual doesn't cover everything
> either, and much of what it does cover is simply a single
> sentence that is not necessarly meaningful.

I agree, those are true statements. But things could be worse. It could be
March 2007, when neither of these books existed. There are plans to improve
the existing reference Manuals, and also plans for other books, as I
mentioned at the OSG BOF a couple weeks ago:
http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/attachment/wiki/Support/SIGGRAPH2
007/Presentation.ppt

   -Paul