Paul Speed wrote:

> Robert Osfield wrote:
>>> Yes, me. No idea why, nor how to fix it, but I've seen it happen about
>>> 3 times in the last week...
>> Mailman on the new dreamhost server doesn't seem to be as reliable as
>> it should be. I am no mail, mailman or web admin expert so I can't say
>> why exact these problems exist.  Is it a dreamhost problem on
>> delivery?  Is is peoples on mail servers rejecting mail?
>>
>> Just a point of reference, the last time we moved mailing list servers
>> there was quite a bit of fallout w.r.t the mail server being
>> blacklisted so people wouldn't receive mail from it.  The blacklisting
>> can be a local issue or one centrally managed.
>>
>> I suspect this is an issue with false positives where spam filters and
>> blacklisting is used as much  as anything else.
>>
>> Robert.
>
> For what it's worth, I too have missed several e-mails from the list...
> some from you specifically.  I know about them because I see the responses.
>
> I only mention it because a) I have basically no spam filtering at all,
> and b) I receive many other messages (from you specifically) just fine.
>
> Just adding evidence (or removing possible red herrings) for anyone
> trying to debug this issue.
>
> -Paul

Interesting that I'm just now seeing this.  I didn't realize how many
messages I was actually missing until they started coming in over the
last four days... several hundred and still coming it looks like.

Kind of fun to relive a little history I guess though I did initially
freak when the list traffic spiked. :)  One of the oddest mailing list
quirks I've seen in a while.

No action required, just commiserating.
-Paul