I vote for 2)
I think we should provide examples on how to build an external
application that is OSG-based, the tutorials are probably good candidates.
They could also be used with different OSG versions.
I can help to set up the CMake projects.

P.S.
It seems to me to not have received the original Robert message, It is
not the first ime I got a reply to a message I' ve never received.
has it  occured to anyone else?

Thanks
             Luigi