On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 10:10 -0900, Bob Huebert wrote:
> I'm continuing to see the undefined symbol problem...
>
> Regardless of which library I use (.a or .so), the build runs just fine
> without issue.
>
> When using libcollada_dae.a:
> undefined symbol _ZN7pcrecpp3Arg12parse_stringEPKciPv
>
> When linking against libcollada_dae_shared.so:
> undefined symbol _Z16registerDomTypesv
>
> As an experiment, I linked against (.a & .so) of the libcollada_dom
> library. Still get undefined symbol - both .a & .so report the pcrecpp
> symbol as being undefined.
>
> My collada install is fresh from last week and built without any issues.
>
> Is there something else that I can try?

I bet adding -lpcrecpp will do the trick if you're wanting to use the .a
file. My first post didn't really go into detail about how to do this
properly, so let me try to be more specific:

        1. Open: $SVNDIR/src/osgPlugins/dae/CMakeLists.txt
        2. Go down to line 27 and add "pcrecpp" to TARGET_EXTERNAL_LIB.
        3. Re-run your master cmake command, so that it reconfigures.
        4. Build!

If that doesn't work, then it's probably something more dubious. In
fact, I'd be willing to be it IS something dubious, because I've never
know Collada to mess this up. It definitely uses libpcrecpp, but it's
own build system should have linked that in when building the archive.