On Mon, 3 Dec 2007, Jeremy Moles wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 10:10 -0900, Bob Huebert wrote:
>> I'm continuing to see the undefined symbol problem...
>>
>> Regardless of which library I use (.a or .so), the build runs just fine
>> without issue.
>>
>> When using libcollada_dae.a:
>> undefined symbol _ZN7pcrecpp3Arg12parse_stringEPKciPv
>>
>> When linking against libcollada_dae_shared.so:
>> undefined symbol _Z16registerDomTypesv
>>
>> As an experiment, I linked against (.a & .so) of the libcollada_dom
>> library. Still get undefined symbol - both .a & .so report the pcrecpp
>> symbol as being undefined.
>>
>> My collada install is fresh from last week and built without any issues.
>>
>> Is there something else that I can try?
>
> I bet adding -lpcrecpp will do the trick if you're wanting to use the .a
> file. My first post didn't really go into detail about how to do this
> properly, so let me try to be more specific:
>
>       1. Open: $SVNDIR/src/osgPlugins/dae/CMakeLists.txt
>       2. Go down to line 27 and add "pcrecpp" to TARGET_EXTERNAL_LIB.
>       3. Re-run your master cmake command, so that it reconfigures.
>       4. Build!
>
> If that doesn't work, then it's probably something more dubious. In
> fact, I'd be willing to be it IS something dubious, because I've never
> know Collada to mess this up. It definitely uses libpcrecpp, but it's
> own build system should have linked that in when building the archive.

Thanks for the tip on mod'ing for the pcrecpp inclusion.

I did this and rebuilt (tried with both .a and .so libs).

I no longer see the undef'd symbol for pcrecpp, but now get an undef'd
symbol for _Z16registerDomTypesv - for both types of build.

As you've posited, there is something more dubious going on.

-bob