Bonjour René,

> I am using commandline build system nmake on windows,
>
> since the OSG_MSVC_VERSIONED_DLL hack this does not work anymore,
> because there are hard-coded paths to move the dll's, but nmake has different
> locations for the files.

I don't quite see why versioned DLLs would be a problem with nmake but
not with the IDE, as both just call cl.exe (the VC++ command line
compiler). So I think you just have to adjust the build files you use
with nmake to do the right thing with the versioned DLLs.

I really think removing the versioning is not desirable, since its goal
is to remove "DLL hell" on Windows platforms. Since you're using nmake
on Windows, this is still a desirable goal :-)

BTW, DLLs do not need to be in your lib directory when you compile, they
only need to be somewhere where your program can find them when it
starts. Either in the program's current directory, on your PATH or in
the Windows System32/other predefined location. So I do not understand
what you mean above by "hard-coded paths to move the dll's".

If you have suggestions to improve the CMake config for nmake, it will
be appreciated, but I really think you have to approach it from the
other angle: adapting the build files generated for nmake to make it
accept the versioned DLLs, instead of removing the versioning.

J-S