Hi Mike,

you might want to look here for some more tips:
http://processing.org/reference/libraries/video/

Prior to getting a capture card that shipped with a proper
QuickTime vdig supported under under Windows XP and XPx64,
I also tried a Windows wrapper called WinVDIG which I got
from here:
http://www.eden.net.nz/7/20071008/
However I found this version also crashed when responding the the
QuickTime vdig API calls upon it. Also play close attention to
the removal instructions for this stuff as it took me quite a
while to clean my machine of WinVDIG and the crashes. Anyway the
long and short of it is avoid this version and see below...

Stephan wrote:
> For windows there's one I know of available at
> <http://www.abstractplane.com/products/vdig.jsp>

I plan to give this other Windows VDIG wrapper from AbstractPlane
a go and see if I can help you to track the bugs. It looks far
more up to date than the other one and apparently works with
QuickTime7. This would be your best solution in the short term
and I'll get back to you on this ASAP.

The long and short of it is that I found the whole QuickTime SDK
and integration with OSG quite a different experience under Windows
and OSX. Pending some further funding and time I'd like to extend
the current work to upgrade the "live/stream" work to use optionally
DirectShow on Windows, and therefore free up the OSX version to use
the newer OpenGL/CoreVideo/Movie QT7 stuff - right now they
both share some old-style GWorld SequenceGrabber code to make it
work on both platforms - you could say equally well or equally
badly - and it creaks - especially the live stuff...

Cheers,

Colin.