Thanks Robert. I it is working now.

When doing the stop/start with my code the window related to the new viewer
showed, but I had to manually call the realize method of the the new window
(rendering context of the new View).
When my code was like this:

    parentCViewer->stopThreading();
    parentCViewer->addView(monitorView);
    parentCViewer->startThreading();

I got this warning and then a seg fault:

"Warning: GraphicsWindow not realized, cannot do makeCurrent"

Then I changed the code to:

    parentCViewer->stopThreading();
    parentCViewer->addView(monitorView);

    osgViewer::CompositeViewer::Windows windows;
    parentCViewer->getWindows(viewerwindows);
    clear out all the previously assigned operations
    for(osgViewer::CompositeViewer::Windows::iterator citr =
windows.begin();citr != windows.end();++citr)
    {
        if(!((*citr)->isRealizedImplementation()))
        {
            (*citr)->realizeImplementation();
        }
    }
    parentCViewer->startThreading();

And every thing worked fine. I don't know if the need for this
addition is just because I am doing something wrong else where or is just
because
I am supposed to realize the new window manually.

Thanks for your time,

                        Nicolas.