Hello Steve:

Thank you for the comments.  I'll pound the ingest side of things as
much as I can.  I will start windows build this week after I finish
some OSG 2.4 upgrades on MAC and test the dae some more.  I don't have
any other OS's than that at my disposal.  I do know some who use
SUSE.  I'll see if they can also give it a whirl for you.

I think the daeRMaterial that I had to add the uriToNative may need
some looking at to see if it's not needed.  The way it's currently
done I had to add it in there for files that contained spaces had the
%20 in them and was being sent to the osg:readImage .  For the port I
used y'alls documentation for porting and did a one-to-one translation
and it worked great.

Take care

Garrett

On Apr 29, 2008, at 3:17 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> [...]
> DOM this is usually done via the daeURI class) that you need to
> worry about file path <--> URI conversion.
>
>> The testing stage for the modification is in it's infancy and needs
>> more testing before we can probably say its valid.
>
> My intent was to do testing to make sure the plugin at least runs on
> a few different platforms: Windows XP, Mac OS X, and Ubuntu, since
> that's what I have easy access to. I don't have a plan in place for
> testing the actual features of the plugin though.
>
>> I'll build for the MAC.  Do you know if there is support to build
>> universal.  Right now I build on a ppc and then the intel then I
>> lipo them together.
>
> Yes, building a Mac universal binary is easy: just add "arch='x86
> ppc'" to the make command line. More info in the DOM's make build
> readme:
> http://collada-dom.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/collada-dom/trunk/dom/make/readme?view=markup
>
> Steve
>

> Garrett Potts wrote:
>> Hello Steve:
>>
>> Glad I can help some :).
>>
>> I plan on doing the windows build as well but have only done the MAC.
>> I have also only tested with a few Google Collada models so I don't
>> think I hit everything.  Would need others to pound it to see if we
>> missed anything.  For instance,  the texture material load requires
>> us
>> to now unencode a uri to a local native name and I am not sure if
>> that
>> is used in other parts of the dae plugin.  I have not tested writing
>> so we may have to add a nativeToUri utility call( found in daeUtil.h)
>> for encoding to a URI any files with spaces and special symbols.
>>
>> In the reader I saw some conditionals for WIN32.  I only made mods to
>> what I could test here.  The testing stage for the modification is in
>> it's infancy and needs more testing before we can probably say its
>> valid.
>>
>> The tgz file I sent to the submissions is the modifications I have so
>> far and it for the ingest testing for some of the dae models in
>> google
>> seems to work and I have not seen any anomalies yet.
>>

>> Let me know when the DOM 21 is tagged.  I'll build for the MAC.  Do
>> you know if there is support to build universal.  Right now I build
>> on
>> a ppc and then the intel then I lipo them together.
>>

>> Take care
>>
>> Garrett
>>
>> On Apr 29, 2008, at 2:20 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Hey Garrett, thanks a ton for this work. I'd been planning to bring
>>> OSG
>>> up to DOM 2.0 myself at some point, but it looks like that's taken
>>> care
>>> of with your patch. Thanks!
>>>
>>> Does your patch bring platforms other than Mac up to DOM 2.0 also? I
>>> vaguely recall that the OSG Collada plugin had different build
>>> for different platforms, so there might be multiple places where