Off course you're right. Let's explain a bit my problem :
I would like to use the "any" class from the Boost library (
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_35_0/doc/html/any.html), but it doesn't work
with Vec3 or Quat types (but it works with Matrix for example).

I have this compile error :
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall
osg::Vec3d::Vec3d(class osg::Vec3d const &)"

That's why I was thinking that it has something to do with the fact that
Matrix implement its copy constructor and not the Vec3 or Quat classes. I've
made some tests and actually it only works with classes implementing
explicitly their copy constructors.

So should it be possible to add copy constructors to these classes ? :)

Cordially,

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 10:52 AM, Mathias Fröhlich <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wednesday 07 May 2008 10:43, Serge Lages wrote:
> > I was just wondering if it's intended that the Vec3 or Quat classes
> don't
> > have a copy constructor of the form :
> > Vec3f( const Vec3f &vec3 )
> >
> > Can I add them or is there any reason for that .
>
> There is a default one.
> You only need to reimplement that if you need something different than the
> default ...
>
> Greetings
>
> Mathias
>
> --
> Dr. Mathias Fröhlich, science + computing ag, Software Solutions
> Hagellocher Weg 71-75, D-72070 Tuebingen, Germany
> Phone: +49 7071 9457-268, Fax: +49 7071 9457-511
> --
> Vorstand/Board of Management:
> Dr. Bernd Finkbeiner, Dr. Florian Geyer,
> Dr. Roland Niemeier, Dr. Arno Steitz, Dr. Ingrid Zech
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/
> Chairman of the Supervisory Board:
> Prof. Dr. Hanns Ruder
> Sitz/Registered Office: Tuebingen
> Registergericht/Registration Court: Stuttgart
> Registernummer/Commercial Register No.: HRB 382196

Serge Lages
http://www.tharsis-software.com